Students with an associate degree or higher may be exempt from assessment placement services. Although not required, students are still encouraged to participate. Exempted students must still meet prerequisites for courses in which they wish to enroll.
Students can do one of the following to place into an ENGLISH or MATH course:
- New! Receive a Multiple Measure placement based upon high school coursework and overall performance. (Must be within 10 years of receiving a U.S. high school diploma or equivalent.)
- Take the Cuesta College placement exam - View Testing Calendar
- Earn “Standard Exceeded” status on the CAASPP score report - Complete Placement Request Form
- Pass the AP English Language or Literature Composition Exam or the AP Calculus or AP Statistics exam with a score of 3 or above - Complete Prerequisite Form A
- Submit results from completed assessment taken at another California Community College - Complete Placement Request Form
- Earn a “C” or better grade in an English or Math course taken at another college or university AND submit a copy of college/university transcript - Complete Prerequisite Form A